- What inspired you to start your blog? I was reading so many blogs that inspired me, that I decided I wanted to start my own in hopes that I would inspire others. Plus, with my husband's job, I travel so much, and I wanted to keep a little online "journal" of the places I went and things I saw/ate/bought.
- How long have you been blogging? I've been blogging for a little over a year.
- How did you come up with the name of your blog? Lindsay Loves It All came about because I wanted to focus on more than just fashion. I wanted to include my love of travel, food, cooking, and good wine. If I found a restaurant or recipe that I loved, I wanted to be able to share it with my readers without people thinking, "Wow, that's random." I came up with a blog name that covered it all!
- How would you consider your style to be? Random! I love it all. Depending on the article of clothing or mood I'm in, I like it all - classic, trendy, preppy, hipster, glam, and vintage. I buy pieces from any store or place that catches my eye, and I feel my style is the same way. Whatever catches my eye - and flatters my body type - is what I am drawn to. My style motto is "I'd rather be stared at than ignored," so I always try to take any outfit and think "What would make this outfit more interesting?"
- What is your most cherished item of clothing or accessory? My most cherished accessory is my wedding ring. My husband picked it out all by himself, and it's stunning, if I do say so myself! I've never seen one like it, and that makes me happy because I always like to be different. A close second would be my black satin Christian Louboutin shoes that I wore for my wedding. That was my first BIG purchase, so I take great care of them :) Plus I will always remember the first time I wore them was on the most special day of my life!
- Who is your favorite fashion designer? It's hard to pick a favorite because I like different things about different designers clothing. However, if I had to pick, I would say Missoni. I have several Missoni dresses, and the cut of their dresses always look beautiful on a woman's body. Plus, their colors and patterns are unmistakable and gorgeous! Their clothing is timeless, and I love adding pieces like that into my wardrobe.
- Christian Louboutin or Jimmy Choo? LOUBOUTIN!! Without a doubt, I think they are the classiest shoe out there.
- The LBD, necessity or overrated? Ohhh good question! I know many will disagree with me, but I think it's a little overrated. Don't get me wrong… I think every woman should have one in their closet that is flattering to their body type, but I am more drawn to a dress that makes me stand out. I know at any given event, most women will wear black dresses. Because of that, I tend to choose a colored or patterned dress - or, one with a unique shape to it. Who says you can't have a "little cream dress" or "little emerald green dress" or "a little Pucci or Missoni inspired dress?" The options are endless if you think outside the box!
- Would you ever consider a career in fashion? Of course, if the right opportunity came along! I would love to collaborate on a clothing or jewelry line. Any takers?
- Any advice to fellow bloggers? My dad told me 3 things when I first started my blog, and he turned out to be so right:
1. Always be yourself and write about the things you know about and LOVE. People come to your blog to see what you write about , wear, and do…not to see a re-creation of other people's blogs & style.
2. Take good pictures, making sure people can see what you are trying to capture.
3. Don't go out and buy things or do things because you think it's what people want to be seeing on your blog. I know there are certain "hot" places to go and certain "hot ticket" fashion items that everyone seems to have, but if it doesn't fit into your personal style or budget, then don't do/buy it! Be yourself, and blog about unique and interesting things that will make your blog stand out!