I believe that every girl needs an "It" bag. A bag that is an investment that you can wear for years. I think the Alexander Wang Rocco Duffel is just that bag. It is so soft, a lovely shade of black, and a good size. This is definitely my "It" bag and trust me, I am saving up my pennies for this.
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
This past weekend really flew by. It was a combination of busy and fun, but more fun. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well.
Here are a few shots from Instagram that sums up my weekend:
1. Halloween Cadbury Eggs
2. My goddaughter Maggie and I at the church Halloween Carnival
4. Cute mini pumpkins at the pumpkin patch
5. Loving my adorable Francesca's Collections clutch
Sunday, October 28, 2012
Halloween is approaching fast (only 3 days away) and if you are like me and haven't decorated for it yet I found some wonderful inspiration on Pinterest and really want to try some of them. I hope this will be helpful to fellow procrastinators.
*Images via Pinterest*
Friday, October 26, 2012
Pumpkins have to be my favorite part of Fall and Halloween. I was driving one day and saw this pumpkin stand patch and had to stop and get some snapshots (and pick up a pumpkin or two). I can't wait to show you all my carved pumpkin in an upcoming post
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
I told you all in my previous post about how obsessed I am becoming with peplum. I really love the flattering look it gives to my body. Also, as in leather pants, I am OBSESSED. I really need to add a few different colors to my closet.
Peplum top with belt- New York & Company, Leather Pants- New York & Company, Cuff- Tory Burch, Clutch- Francesca's Collections, Necklace- Stella & Dot, Heels- Vince Camuto
Sunday, October 21, 2012
Peplum is a trend that I have become obsessed with (you will see in future posts). I think it brings a sort of elegance and class to an outfit. And as for bows, I love them too, so I wanted to pair the two together and I love the combination.
Top- c/o eShakti, Skirt- Forever 21, Heels- Vince Camuto, Handbag- Betsey Johnson, Sunglasses- Michael Kors
Thursday, October 18, 2012
I am so excited to introduce a fabulous blogger to all of you, Shanna of Because Shanna Said So. Her blog is truly amazing and genuine. She is a Southern girl (like me) from Texas and a mom, and it is wonderful how she balances being a wife, mom, and blogger. He blog posts are very enjoyable, she writes about REAL things and she is so naturally beautiful. I really admire her as blogger and hope to be just as good of a blogger as she is.
I had the chance to interview her and I hope you all enjoy and please check out her blog!!
1. What inspired you to start blogging?I actually did it on a whim. I knew nothing about blogging or ever followed a blog for that matter. I just wanted a place of my own to express my love for fashion and share it with others who are looking for inspiration on a budget.
2. How did you come up with the name of your blog?Again, a total a whim. I honestly did not give it much thought. I knew I wanted to incorporate my own name and it had to be catchy. I hope people don’t take as being self indulgent. It’s all in fun.
3. How long have you been blogging?I wrote my first post in December of last year, so it’s almost been one year. So crazy!!
4. What is your most favorite piece of clothing or accessory?Well, since we are in the fall season, I would have to say my scarves, skinny jeans and riding boots. So many ways to incorporate them into a different looks and styles.
5. What is the most extravagant purchase you have made involving an accessory or clothing?
Honestly, I am not an extravagant person or shopper. I never really splurge on big ticket items. I don’t own a designer bag, designer watch or crazy expensive shoes. I would love to splurge on some Tory Burch riding boots though!
6. What is number one on your wish list at the moment?I would love to a rose colored Micheal Kors watch. And I have been hunting for some fun and affordable oxford wedges.
7. What are your top 5 favorite blogs?Oh man, I just can’t go there. I don’t like to show favorites because there are so many amazing bloggers out there. I read so many on a daily basis and not just fashion bloggers. I get inspiration from all genres.
8. If you could have dinner with one fashion designer, who would it be?Lauren Conrad, not only because her style is CRAZY amazing, but she seems like such a fun and down to earth person. I have had a girl crush on her since the Laguna Beach days!
9. What inspires you?So many things…I pull most of my inspiration from window shopping, but also take pieces from magazines, Pinterest and other fashion bloggers.
10. Would you consider blogging as a career?Heck yes! I love it. It is a TON of work, takes lots of dedication and time, but fashion and styling is my true passion. It is something I have enjoyed since I was a little girl.
11. Who is your fashion icon?Rachel Zoe and Olivia Palermo. Oh, what I would give to step foot into both of their closets.
12. Do you have any advice for fellow bloggers?Stay true to yourself. Don’t compare yourself to others. Be unique and try not to replicate what others are doing. Know that it’s hard work. Be genuine. And most importantly have fun!
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
I love J. Crew. If you follow my blog, you know that I do. They always have such fun, feminine, and gorgeous pieces. Some of their clothing may be a little pricey, but I feel that the investment is very much worth it.
Here are some looks that I am loving:
Monday, October 15, 2012
Thursday, October 11, 2012
Zara Home is here and I am in trouble. I am addicted to Zara and now that they launched the Zara Home e-commerece site, I am going to be even more addicted. Just looking through the site I know my wallet is going to become empty quickly. Do you all feel the same way?
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
I have found a new hair product and I am so excited to tell you all about it. I was at my hair dresser's salon and I told her about how I was wanting to try out dry shampoo and she told me about Big Sexy Hair's Dry Shampoo. She gave me a sample bottle to try out and when I tried it, I was in love. You literally just spray it to your roots and brush through it and looks like that you just washed your hair. I was so happy with the result and so happy she suggested this product to me and now I am obsessed.
Have any of you tried this dry shampoo or any other brands of it?
* This is not a sponsored post, I just love the product and wanted to share.
Sunday, October 7, 2012
Columbus Day is tomorrow, October 8 and my favorite stores are having wonderful sales and deals. I wanted to share a few of my favorites with you all and hope that y'all score some amazing deals!!
Tory Burch 25 % off with code TBFRIENDS
Aldo 15% off your purchase with code ECDAY12
DVF 30% off with code FALL30
The Outnet Extra 40% off Nine to Five Glamour
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
The wedge sneaker is something that I am truly excited about. I am trying to find an affordable pair, but am having some trouble. I am hoping to find a pair soon, so for now I am going to admire the pairs that these ladies are wearing.
Monday, October 1, 2012
I have been eyeing this beautiful Pave Duo Spike Collar from Baublebar and I have to say that this baby is going to be mine very soon. I believe that it will add a certain "edge" to an outfit, so this necklace will be a great addition to my jewelry collection.