I am so excited to introduce a fabulous blogger to all of you, Shanna of Because Shanna Said So. Her blog is truly amazing and genuine. She is a Southern girl (like me) from Texas and a mom, and it is wonderful how she balances being a wife, mom, and blogger. He blog posts are very enjoyable, she writes about REAL things and she is so naturally beautiful. I really admire her as blogger and hope to be just as good of a blogger as she is.
I had the chance to interview her and I hope you all enjoy and please check out her blog!!
1. What inspired you to start blogging?I actually did it on a whim. I knew nothing about blogging or ever followed a blog for that matter. I just wanted a place of my own to express my love for fashion and share it with others who are looking for inspiration on a budget.
2. How did you come up with the name of your blog?Again, a total a whim. I honestly did not give it much thought. I knew I wanted to incorporate my own name and it had to be catchy. I hope people don’t take as being self indulgent. It’s all in fun.
3. How long have you been blogging?I wrote my first post in December of last year, so it’s almost been one year. So crazy!!
4. What is your most favorite piece of clothing or accessory?Well, since we are in the fall season, I would have to say my scarves, skinny jeans and riding boots. So many ways to incorporate them into a different looks and styles.
5. What is the most extravagant purchase you have made involving an accessory or clothing?
Honestly, I am not an extravagant person or shopper. I never really splurge on big ticket items. I don’t own a designer bag, designer watch or crazy expensive shoes. I would love to splurge on some Tory Burch riding boots though!
6. What is number one on your wish list at the moment?I would love to a rose colored Micheal Kors watch. And I have been hunting for some fun and affordable oxford wedges.
7. What are your top 5 favorite blogs?Oh man, I just can’t go there. I don’t like to show favorites because there are so many amazing bloggers out there. I read so many on a daily basis and not just fashion bloggers. I get inspiration from all genres.
8. If you could have dinner with one fashion designer, who would it be?Lauren Conrad, not only because her style is CRAZY amazing, but she seems like such a fun and down to earth person. I have had a girl crush on her since the Laguna Beach days!
9. What inspires you?So many things…I pull most of my inspiration from window shopping, but also take pieces from magazines, Pinterest and other fashion bloggers.
10. Would you consider blogging as a career?Heck yes! I love it. It is a TON of work, takes lots of dedication and time, but fashion and styling is my true passion. It is something I have enjoyed since I was a little girl.
11. Who is your fashion icon?Rachel Zoe and Olivia Palermo. Oh, what I would give to step foot into both of their closets.
12. Do you have any advice for fellow bloggers?Stay true to yourself. Don’t compare yourself to others. Be unique and try not to replicate what others are doing. Know that it’s hard work. Be genuine. And most importantly have fun!