I have been doing quite a few interviews lately and I love it. It is so much fun interviewing other bloggers about why they like to blog, their inspirations about fashion, and other wonderful stuff that they share. This interview was with Andee of The HONEYBEE. I love her blog; it is actually one of the first that I started following. Her fashion sense is wonderful and I really look up to her style. My favorite thing about her style is that I do not see it much in South Carolina, where I am from, and it is amazing to get ideas from her blog about something new to try out. Hope you all enjoy this.
Please follow Andee's amazing blog
1) What inspired you to start this blog and how long have you been blogging?
I was inspired by other blogs and thought I would put my love for fashion, traveling, and beauty products to use. There were so many things I loved and wanted to share with people and I wanted to show girls that you can be fabulous even on a budget! I've been doing it religiously for about a year and half.
2) How did you come up with the name “The HONEYBEE”?
The reason I chose "The HONEYBEE" is because I live on a street called Honeybee Dr. We always refer to our home as "Honeybee" so we thought it was cute since im blogging from home. It just kind of stuck.
3) Have you always been passionate for fashion?
Yes Yes Yes! I have always been passionate about fashion. I dont think fashion is the end all be all but I love how it can transform how someone feels.
4) Have you ever wanted a career in fashion?
Its definitely something I am passionate about and would love to have a career in it. Becoming a buyer or personal shopper would be amazing.
5) What are your favorite places to shop at? Oh my favorite places to shop...there are so many! My top three would have to be Zara, Shopbop.com, and Intermix.
6) Which celebrity do you look up to for fashion inspiration? To be honest I mainly look to everyday women and other bloggers for fashion inspiration. I love people watching and seeing what other girls are wearing. One celebrity that comes to mind is Rachel Bilson. She is always effortlessly chic. I love how she incorporates trends without being over the top or over polished. She is very relatable and I love that!
7) Who is your favorite designer?
Ohhhh thats a tough one. There are so many great ones! Alexander Wang killed it this past year. I love his City Chic/ Girl with an edge pieces!
8) If you could have dinner with two people in the fashion industry, who would they be? .
Hands down Christine Centenera (fashion editor for Harpers Bazaar Australia) her style is absolutely impeccable! Also Diane Von Furstenberg. She is so accomplished and is one classy lady!
9) Do you splurge, steal, or both?
The past couple years I have really been into budget shopping. There are so many affordable options now that I hate spending hundreds of dollars on just one item. (investment pieces excluded) If its an item I will wear for years to come then I definitely splurge. I am a huge fan of mixing high and lows!
10) What is your favorite look right now?
My favorite look right now is definitely anything over the knee or leopard print. It instantly unleashes every girls inner vixen!
11) What is your opinion on layers?
Love love love layers. The key is pile them on but make sure they are still flattering. I love over the knees socks with leggings and boots, flannels layered with military or leather jackets, and belted basic tees and cardigans.
12) Do you think the Little Black Dress is given too much credit?
I think the LBD is a necessity! You can wear it a million ways and if it fits you like a glove it will never go out of style.
13) Are you hoping for your blog to get to the level of SausyGlossie and Cupcakes and Cashmere?
It would be nice to take it to the next level but honestly I didn't start The HONEYBEE to make money. The most rewarding part of blogging is receiving comments and emails from readers. To know that all my time I put into my blog is really appreciated and valued by people.
14) Any advice for fellow style/fashion bloggers?
My advice to new bloggers would be not to get discouraged. It does take some time to build up followers but once you do it is very rewarding. Stay true to what you like. Everyones style and taste are so different and thats okay! In the end you want people to follow your blog because they TRULY like it.
Do not forget to follow her amazing blog! You will not be disappointed!